Violation of this Code of Conduct is grounds for the termination of any accounts you may have with RPGSC which includes the forfeiture of all products/content associated with such account, as well as the revocation of your permission to use our online games, services or tools and your suspension or expulsion from organized play. RPGSC and its designated parties are the final judges of whether someone’s behavior qualifies as inappropriate or disruptive. This Code of Conduct is subject to change at any time RPGSC sole discretion. Your continued use of our Websites or Services constitutes your acceptance of such change.
1. Choose your account’s screen name and username carefully. Screen names that are deemed offensive may be modified or deactivated without notice. For example:
2. Do not use, post, distribute or link to obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, graphically or gratuitously violent, derogatory, demeaning, malicious, defamatory, abusive, offensive, hateful or discriminatory language or content. This includes “masking” language by using alternative characters/spelling /spacing to get around profanity filters or claims of profanity filter “testing”.
3. Do not harass, bully, threaten, harm or cause discomfort for other persons, including any other members. For example:
4. Do not promote, plan, glorify or engage in any illegal activity or otherwise make available content that would encourage or provide instructions for an illegal activity. These topics include crimes relating to drugs, drug paraphernalia, rape, solicitation of a minor, computer hacking, counterfeiting and fraud.
5. Do not impersonate other persons, including fellow users or The Role-Playing Game Storytellers Collegium staff, by screen name or self-representation, or attempt to obtain sensitive information from other members. For example:
6. Do not disrupt chat, forums, blog comments or other communication channels. For example:
7. Do not advertise in without written concent. This includes:
8. Do not attempt to use or gain access to another's accounts or service, engage another member under false pretenses or otherwise defraud another member. Anyone linking to, posting, distributing or promoting hacks, modifications, viruses, or password mining websites may face legal action in addition to normal account penalties.
9. Do not attempt to artificially alter the outcome of a league, sanctioned event, or organized game. For example:
10. Do not violate the terms of any official organized play tournament rules as published and updated by RPGSC from time to time and at its sole discretion.
11. Do not intentionally purchase or distributed infringing or pirated copies of RPGSC products.
12. DO NOT CHEAT, STEAL OR DEFRAUD RPGSC OR OTHER PLAYERS!
Moderators, judges, or other RPGSC designees may issue formal warnings, by post, private message or email when a member has committed a Code of Conduct infraction. Depending on the severity of the infraction, RPGSC, at its sole discretion, may issue a warning, suspension or expulsion.
This explanation of disciplinary procedures is meant to be a guideline for members to understand what their status may be with regard to the process, but it is only a guideline. RPGSC may deviate from this procedure at any time and in any manner, and reserves all rights and remedies available in law and equity. A specific chat, forum, list or game situation may require other measures to ensure the family orientation of the Websites and Services.